Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili met in Turkey with ethnic Georgians and presented some with a certificate of Georgian citizenship.
Saakashvili said an agreement had been reached with the Turkish side on studying the Georgian language in local schools.
The president also handed over musical instruments to the Caucasian culture centre.
By a presidential decree in total about 3000 ethnic Georgians residing in Turkey received citizenship.
Saakashvili also asked for Turkish businessmen to help in the construction of the presidential library in Tbilisi which has already begun.
- Georgian president grants nearly 1000 Turkish residents citizenship (en.trend.az)
- Georgian President attends foundation laying ceremony of presidential library (en.trend.az)
- Who Are Georgia’s Muslims? (rferl.org)
- Georgian President: Russia foments homophobia (ironcloset.wordpress.com)
- New Turkish aviation company in Georgian market makes its first flight (en.trend.az)
- Putin Wants Me Dead or Caged, Georgia President Saakashvili Says – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)